Monday, November 10, 2014

Turning 4

Here in the US, turning 4 years old is a fun event with lots to celebrate! Kids are learning so many new things and getting ready for preK or 5K for the next year! They are learning to be independent. But in Eastern Europe, turning 4 can be a death sentence for the disabled orphan. This is the time when children are removed from the baby house (orphanage) to the mental institution. Everything they have ever known instantly gone! Kids that aren't mobile are now imprisoned in a crib, and might have been at the baby house too, but this is far worse...they are now in the laying down room..aka..the dying room. About 80% don't survive the first year after transfer. This week we became aware of a 4 year old that was going to be transferred to a very bad mental institution. He is very similar to Sergei and can't sit or get around. If a family can get there in the next few months the director at the baby house will try to keep him there.....so here we come!! Pray for paperwork and needed funds and other things come through quickly and we can be on our way! Praying this little boy does not need to endure horrible suffering and starvation! Even though we were planning on a girl, a God has a different plan! Thanks for support in prayers and donations! Want to donate? It is tax deductible!! Www.reecesrainbow.org/sponsorharlin-2

Here you will be able to see our other little boy!

4 comments:

  1. I saw Whitaker's picture on my Facebook feed last week and have cried over and prayed over him each day since. His beautiful pictures immediately stole my heart. I am so thrilled to find out that he has found a forever home - and that he will be going to a family of believers. I will continue to be in prayer throughout the adoption process and throughout his precious life. He has somehow moved into my heart. Can't wait to follow along with you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so glad! I will keep praying, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so glad! I will keep praying, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been praying for a home for little Whitaker, also, since his sweet face appeared in my fb feed. I have been checking in on him, and was moved to tears that he has been chosen to be loved in a real family. You are an answer to prayer, and I am thanking God for your willing and beautiful act of true love. Can't wait to follow along with your story! Love, Sarah Hankins

    ReplyDelete